Friday, September 27, 2013

Taking Stock

Taking Stock: my friend Amanda has a wonderful blog (linked later on) and she posted this from her blog inspirations and I decided it would be a nice way to see how I am and the answer is a little sad but ready to go on a rest for the soul day and take on new challenges.  

Making : dinner, has become a challenge that I am excited to take on.
Cooking : with my brand new crockpot, okay I haven't done it yet but I will.
Drinking : water, hopefully, going to bring a water bottle to school on the regular.
Reading: school books, Marzano, Freeman and Freeman, SIOP, the color of class, etc.
Wanting: time away to recharge my soul.
Looking: at the beauty of fall in Oregon.
Playing: with my ipad when I should be focused.
Wasting: energy on stress
Fixing: my rooms organizational scheme, a pile of papers doesn't work
Deciding: when to take time for myself and when to push through the work
Wishing: that I was more on top of my homework
Enjoying: working with students 
Waiting: for a break in the storm of scheduling and work
Liking: this list, glad I follow Amanda's blog
Wondering: what the practicality of running away for a little bit is
Loving: Instagram my favorite form of social media currently
Pondering: the assumptions that people make about teachers
Considering: the practicality of being broke and happy vs. saving and stress
Watching: Greys Anatomy, on the regular, but it's new show season so that will happen
Hoping: that I will find a happy balance soon
Marvelling: at how much I love the rain, it doesn't ever get old to me 
Needing: to explore
Smelling: pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, candles but soon maybe baked goods
Wearing: teacher clothes: plain bottoms, nice tops, boots or sparkly toms
Following: girl, pacific (http://girlpacific.wordpress.com/) and the militant baker (http://www.themilitantbaker.com/)
Noticing: my negative outlook on things 
Knowing: that I will work on this outlook
Thinking: about what it means to be a teacher
Feeling: a little down, but optimistic that it'll be okay
Admiring: people who have their lives more together than I, especially teachers
Buying: car repairs, sad life of practicality 
Getting: a treat for myself at the end of today
Bookmarking:blogs that inspire me
Opening: a new chapter in my mental state of being
Giggling: at buzzfeed articles
Feeling: ready for more 

No comments:

Post a Comment