Monday, January 31, 2011

30 Day Challenge and Other Commitment Issues

Its week three of the semester. The first too weeks were kind of good and a struggle at the same time, there was just so much to do and so much multi tasking in my world which just makes things really hard because we talked in one of my classes about the fact that multi tasking isn't actually multi tasking because you can only focus your brain on one thing at a time and so your really just shifting ALL of your attention back and forth. I feel like I've been doing that a lot, have to shift my attention and compartmentalize my brain and just various things of that nature. Because of that ever shifting of attention and priority from one thing to another, sometimes things get dropped by the wayside.

Recently it was the 30 day challenge, which of all the things for me to bail out on isn't a big deal except that it feels like it to me just because it represents more than that. The background of this is that it was this picture thing on facebook where each day you post a picture of something based on the prompt from the challenge for that given day. My problem was I got like two weeks behind and everyday I would remember and say "Oh I'll catch up today" and then I wouldn't, Zach even reminded me that I hadn't kept up with it. Part of the reason I wanted to do it was because I really wanted to be honest with myself and look into those prompts and find some really good pictures and just discover some things that are my favorites or whatever that I hadn't looked at in a while. I mean that is why we take pictures is to go back through them later and enjoy them and look at them. I was disappointed that I had fallen so short with it because I guess part of it was just proving to myself that I could do something everyday, something small and little but I could get it done. I have a major problem with remembering to do something once a day everyday, like taking medication and these pictures and stuff like that, my memory is terrible. It makes me worried for when I won't have people everywhere taking care of me and reminding me to keep myself together and making sure all aspects of my life are in order.

That is the other thing is the shifting between aspects of my life. We were talking about this, sort of, in my sociology class (which I love by the way) the idea that everyone is playing a character and that depending the setting that they are in, it will affect the character that they play and I have known that for quite a while. Malika the Willamette Student, differs from the DG, the Rainbow Girl, the Eastern Star member, the Amaranth member, the daughter, the niece, the auntie, the friend, the confidant, the adventurer, the space cadet, the girlfriend, the small child. It all depends on the audience that I am playing to, I mean sometimes these characters get combined. I just thinks its funny because I always thought that I wasn't a very good actor when really I am acting all the time.

I feel like thats all I have to say for right now. I'm thinking of switching over to a tumblr, but the only person who reads my blog is my mom (love you!) so I doubt the switch would make a GINORMOUS (which looks like a fake word) difference to anyone but her.

No comments:

Post a Comment