Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Admiration

This is my blog away from blogging. During my year as Grand Worthy Advisor I started a blog just for Rainbow purposes to write about the events I attend and the feelings I have and the things that I do. I wanted to be able to look back and have the words I wrote put me right back into that moment. This blog, however, is just me being me, thoughts, feelings, crazy ramblings, I feel like I can put it out here. I haven't posted on this blog in quite a while just because I have been blogging on the other one and I have been caught up in school, Rainbow, Delta Gamma and everything else I find myself associated with. The inspiration for this blog was a picture and the blog posting connected to it. I'm not going to link it, but I promise its amazing. As I re-read the words for the 3rd or 4th time I found myself thinking 'Wow, I really admire her. Her faith, conviction, and especially, her artistry in both the words and the photograph.' As it often does, from that point my brain went into a tangent of thinking about all of the amazing people I admire. That was when it really hit me the ridiculous number of people in my life deserving of admiration. It was actually a little baffling to me that I have had the opportunity to interact with so many of them. I know that I admire some people that I will never interact with, but the sheer number of those that I have already interacted with when I didn't even realize at the time what a privilege it was to run into them. Many of my friends in high school are some of the strongest most passionate people I know and I find myself admiring many of their qualities as well as some of the things that they have been able to accomplish. Fully recognizing that I have a completely biased opinion I have to say that there are many Masonic Leaders so worthy of admiration. Even some of those who will never hold leadership positions on a grand level, but oh the ones that have. So many of the State Heads that I have interacted with are so worthy of praise and admiration, but that don't seek it out, they simply do what they do because they love it which is part of what makes them such wonderful people. Even those who I have been unable to meet, I hear all kinds of stories about these people and you can just tell by the way people talk that they were someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment