Friday, May 24, 2013

Running Away to California part 1

I like to make jokes about the fact that I'm a gypsy because I often get the urge to get away get out go someplace. Being abroad was great for this because I was practically running away somewhere every weekend. 

So this morning when making plans with my friends for what kind of adventure we wanted to take today (keeping in mind that we had been waffling with this question since we decided to hang out today (last week) ) and all we came up with was Changs Mongolian Grill. 

Side story: 4 years ago (give or take) I was driving my friend Jordan home on I-5 south and we stopped in Albany for snacks and had something close to the following conversation:
"You know if we kept driving we could go to California"
"We totally could"
"We probably shouldn't" 
"Yeah I guess" 

From there we made this elaborate plan about going to California for New Years but it fell through for a variety of reasons. 

So since then our running joke about where to go and what to do has been "lets go to California" and so when we were trying to figure out what to do today and Jordan said "let's go to California" at first I laughed but then I was like "yeah, we have the time, we could totally do that" and things were set in motion. The adventure truly begins after lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment