Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Omaha and other ramblings

In creating this title I realized my 3 titles so far have started with O's, how weird is that. I'm supposed to be asleep right now, I told Kyle I was going to sleep but I can't until I at least get this out. Hopefully it won't take long and I always attempt to stay awake until he responds anyway.

So Omaha this year is the location of Supreme Assembly, and I have so many feelings on this mystical event, and I keep wishing I would have gone to Chicago, but at that point in my Rainbow career I really just wasn't ready and you know, I know that and I'm okay with that, but the problem now is that I have to face Omaha as my first Supreme Assembly. I'm freaked out, okay, I admit it. I am completely and totally freaked out about going. I'm scared that I'll be too shy to meet anyone, or that the people I do meet won't like me. I'm scared that I'll get lost or get left or just I don't know not enjoy the whole experience. Then at the same time I'm getting really amped up that I get to be a part of this amazing International event, its pretty much crazy. I'm going to be a Jurisdictional Skit Representative which means I have to get up in front of everyone and talk about Oregon Rainbow which also scares me especially since I am supposed to have that thing memorized and I don't because I have been working so darn hard on memorizing all of my ritual work for supreme. Its just all one big jumbled mess in my mind and I'm not sure what to do. I guess the best thing I can do is go to bed, pack when I feel ready and get on that plane to Omaha and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment