Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Half and Half Day

I call today the half and half day because it is half Supreme Assembly and half fun trip. The Supreme Assembly portion had one more set of Jurisdictional Skits, and then it was closing, Supreme closing is soooo different and there were parts of it that really bothered me. Then they sang a state specific song that I have never ever heard before. Also, I forgot to mention that during this time was the Acting Supreme Worthy Advisor Sammie's remarks, they were beautiful (of course) and I feel like if I can be even a third of the Grand Worthy Advisor she is it will be a major accomplishment. Then there was a break before Supreme Installation and finally finally finally Team Oregon got to sit together. Then came Supreme Installation which basically was like a normal Open Installation of Officers except that it was a lot shorter, which was really nice. No one believed me that it would be short but I had faith and I was able to do the I told you so dance.

After Installation we went to the Tavern in the Hilton (not a real Tavern, that is just in the name) for lunch, there they have a special waaayyyy less expensive menu just for the Rainbow Girls. Last time we ate there I had the fancy-ed up Mac and Cheese which was delicious and this time I had the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. The tomato soup was fancy and delicious and it may re-appear later in this blog,so pretty please pay attention or don't, not like it matters. Post delicious lunch we changed and it was tie for the first of many adventures over the next few days.

This adventure was Old Market, we walked around so like previous entries, I'm just going to hit you with the highlights:
-We got the most delicious ice cream ever from Maggie Moos, mine was Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream which I may or may not be addicted to now
-We found the perfect gift for Alena
-We bought henna stuff :D
- We took a 10 minute ride on the "Princess-mobile" which was this carriage looking thing which was awesome
and we did the princess wave and saw almost everyone
-the adults missed the bus, that was exciting

Lastly we had dinner at the Old Mattress Factory with possibly the coolest waiter ever, seriously, it was ridiculous, he was funny and sarcastic, and responsive and helpful and pretty much awesome. I wrote him a letter, I will not be posting that picture online, ever, I ran away when he started reading it even though it was silly and stupid and I signed it from all the Rainbow girls.

Taylor and I then had some quality pool time which was really nice and a good way to relax and unwind.

Finally we actually used the henna, that was a real adventure

Thats today, see you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment