Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Supreme: The Big Day

I call this the big day because we had 3 supreme session today. So the day starts off with a little shuttle bus because that seems to be how we're rollin' these days although honestly I'd rather be rollin' a segway because they seem pretty awesome plus I have the parody "White & Nerdy" by Weird Al stuck in my head. Off to session one. This was formal opening and then initiation, then SKITS! But not just any skit, it was time for Oregon to be in almost the middle of that group of jurisdictional skit representatives. I'm proud of myself because I was actually able to say it from memory without having to consult my cheat sheet and this was a minimal amount of whole body shaking. The one major downside is that I'm pretty sure my voice sounded funny because I have a deep voice to begin with and I'm some what losing my voice, although my "losing my voice" never gets worse than raspy, I swear, its like impossible for me to lose my voice and I talk...A LOT! Anywho my voice sounded funny over the microphone but part of that may have been the echo which weirded me out a little bit. Then it was off to the girls luncheon, I love all girls events because I didn't realize how addicted I was to swaps until I actually got into it but oh my goodness it is a lot of fun. Also, we had a salad for lunch which in the mind of teenage girls (except me because I have seem my mothers lunches) does not actually count as a full lunch. Then there was an entertaining skit about a caterpillar's mock initiation into becoming a butterfly featuring the grand jurisdictions of Texas and California. Oh, must not forget when I mention this lunch that I have to mention the bubbles, I took lots of pictures of the girls blowing bubbles, apparently its the best meal give away ever, something to keep in mind I suppose.

Now comes the sad part, WE MISSED ALENA'S PRELUDE stupid buses, there weren't enough of them and everything was running late and it was terrible. I feel really bad because that was a big honor for both Alena and Oregon Rainbow, I am anxious to hear the recording that Mrs. Weidrich made, to re-live (kind of) Alena's piece. Then was afternoon session which was a very nice, very relaxed session, that in a nutshell went SKITS, Supreme Choir Selection, SKITS. It was quick though which was good because we were able to head to dinner.

We went to something called the "Union Bar" and we all got half price appetizers which I'm pretty sure are the best things ever. Seriously. No joke. best thing ever. Also, we were able to watch drama unfold on a GIGANTIC projector screen, I had no idea what was going on, that football guy, Brett Far-v (if your Kenzie)or Fav-ray (if your Alena) was doing something or other and people cared. Nadine just says he is old and not hot like some other football player, Olivia and I talked about her installation instead.

Then evening session, Oregon was (somewhat) suprised with another honor, Olivia was invited to sing during the Supreme Officers March in drill, which is pretty much crazy cool. She did amazing. Then some other stuff happened, we didn't win ritual awards but we are still very proud. I very much enjoyed listening to Mrs. Little's address although secretly I'm a little disappointed that she doesn't sound more Canadian. I hope someday I can hear an Australian Supreme Worthy Advisor speak.

Next comes the girls mixer, not a lot to go into here, I'm getting tired so I'm just going to shoot you with the cliff notes:
-Justin Bieber sings like a girl
- I rocked out to Love Shack with the Acting Supreme Worthy Advisor (crazy cool)
-We left early
-There was definitely a thunderstorm and possibly a monsoon type thing and 50 miles from us there was a tornado warning
-The light rain when we were finally let outside was warm and unpleasant

Last events of the day were my impromptu role as Town Crier and Cupcake Fairy and a wonderful but all to short phone call with Kyle.

Its WAAAAAAYYYY past my bedtime, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment