Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shorter than the others, but still exhausted by the end

This morning actually started earlier than it needed to but still managed to be later than every other day we have been here, I think, I'm not completely positive. Once we connected with our bus driver we just couldn't seem to get rid of him. He took us lots of places.

First he took us to Boys Town, it was good, I just wished I had seen the movie before we came so I could better understand the history and importance of it all. I am really glad that Taylor, Olivia, Maranda and I managed to find two parks one slightly better than the other, plus we got to see the amazing church, I've always been a huge fan of stained glass.

Next from the bus driver was village point an outdoor mall, for those Oregonians out there I would say it was a very nice hybrid of Bridgeport Village and the Woodburn Outlet malls. This adventure had two main highlights the first being a Cheeseburger in Paradise (although I didn't actually eat mine in paradise, see part 2) part 2 being surprising everyone with the impromptu chopping off of Taylors hair, it looks adorable by the way. Since yesterday we have been checking with every open salon we have been near that accepts walk-ins and have had no luck. The problem that caused was we had told everyone we had to leave lunch early (hence no paradise) because we had a surprise. So as a VERY LAST STITCH effort we thought we would check out Sportsman's Haircuts we found it online and knew it was at the mall but we figured they only served men, well they don't, and they only take walk-ins and so they had just enough time to fit Taylor in so we could make it to the bus which we did and everyone loved her hair.

Last but by no means least was the FunPlex. I love the lazy river, the waterslide, the roller coaster, pretty much everything but the chaos.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment