Monday, August 2, 2010

Supreme Day 2 and 3

Yesterday started with a devotional service which was actually pretty cool, they had these rainbow flags that they used as part of the floor work which was pretty neat. Then the Supreme Officers (with some minor changes) performed the memorial service which is different than ours but still has some of the same components. Then we had the Grand Cross Service and Brunch. The food at the brunch was interesting, I've never had a quiche with a sweet pie crust which I thought was just kinda weird. The one major upside to Grand Cross Brunch was that we made a connection with the delegation from Aruba and now are planning a trip their for July 2011 which I am absolutely stoked for because I will be the GWA then. So when I get home the research begins on getting a passport because I haven't had a new one since I was like 6 months old. After the Grand Cross Brunch we went shopping in the vendors room which was pretty cool I got one of the new blue rituals and saw a GIGANTIC rainbow crown, I don't know if I could balance the thing on my head, the good news is I don't think Mrs. Noah is even considering it. After our little shopping break we had mixers with our different groups which turned out to be a little bit of a production but it all worked out. After the mixer we had ritual practice and then we went to the Supreme Banquet which was cool there was a talent section and then a performance by this amazing acapella group and in case I haven't mentioned it, I absolutely love acapella music, we have an all male and an all female group at Willamette and they are both absolutely amazing. Then after the banquet we had another ritual practice, at this practice I got it word perfect which made me really really happy because I worked hard because this is really important to me. Then it took 12 years for us to get back to the hotel because there has been all sort of frustration and miscommunication and annoyance with the bus/shuttle/transportation system. It was late when we got back but we stayed up late enough to say happy birthday to Taylor on Omaha time.

Then we woke up RIDICULOUSLY early to go to an Oregon only breakfast to celebrate Taylor's birthday and Mrs. Wilson's almost two years as Acting Supreme Recorder. This breakfast was good except honestly I don't remember a lot of it because I was soooo dang tired. Then we had one more team ritual practice. Then the other girls got to go back and sleep but I had a jurisdictional skit practice which went by really fast, but I got some cool swaps and got to talk to the girls which is always really fun. I'm sitting between Ohio and Vermont and they are both really nice. Then finally it was my turn to go back and take a nap which was pretty glorious I must say. Then we had a quick lunch and got ready to leave again. We finally performed our team ritual work for real and we actually did a really good job. Then I ironed my dress and waited around for what felt like forever before I was able to do my individual ritual competition. My individual did not go very well but I am choosing to be proud of myself because I made the effort and I tried. After that I celebrated with some raspberry sorbet because the other girls were having supreme choir practice. Then we had dinner, which in my case was a very delicious fancy-ed up version of mac and cheese. It was awesome. Then we were off to the civic center for informal opening. Overall the introductions seemed to go by fairly fast and I thought it was a good session. I took lots of pictures but they aren't the best because the setting that has the best lighting for that room does not have the best zoom capabilities so you win some you lose some. We got back to the hotel earlier than I expected to which was pretty nice and we got to just relax and do what we wanted for a couple hours, which is how I was finally able to update this blog that no one reads.

All for now, except that I need to steal Taylor's Supreme Officers dress because it is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment